Virgo vs the Zodiac was one of the most original RPG in the last period, and now the developer behind it (Moonana) announced a new game. This time we leave the zodiac to find ourselves in a futuristic setting. In fact, the game will be a cyberpunk game with action elements but basically it remains a turn-based.
What is Keylocker?
Keylocker is a Cyberpunk turn based rhythm JRPG inspired by the Mario & Luigi RPG series and Chrono Trigger, in which you play as the singer and songwriter, BOBO. In this silent world where music has been prohibited, BOBO will serenade her rebellion against the vicious authorities by banding together with the Jukebot drummer, Rocket, to shatter the strings of fate and sing the melody of freedom. Fuel your moves with the electric power of music in this unforgiving planet by using real-time execution of moves in rhythm game style! Battle the authorities, unlock the secrets of the planet, play on your own bands’ concerts and hack into the network to bring an end to this corrupt system, for better or worse.
- Classic Turn Based Combat with a twist: Real-Time execution of moves in rhythm game style, aim your shots, time your attacks, parry and block your enemies in this unforgiving planet.
- Control Electricity with your own music! Transform it into attack or defense as needed, swapping between different move sets and tactics.
- No Random-Encounters; fight your enemies head-on with seamless in world battles inspired by Chrono Trigger.
- Befriend the citizens, or betray them, hacking into their profiles to acquire resources or to change the course of the story with multiple endings.
- Play with your band to the friends you made at the Music Show minigame, featuring compositions by Elektrobear (Momodora, Virgo Versus The Zodiac), voiced by Psamathes.
- But watch out on the Danger Meter! The all-ears church-police will certainly come after devious denizens who do not respect the Law of Silence
- Completely customize your characters with a great variety of equipment; unlock special Talents using the Keys harvested from enemies you DELETE in combat.
- Unique interactions with every object of the world: exploring Saturn can lead to secrets, rewards or entire pieces of knowledge about the planet.