Solo developer David Vinokurov is excited to announce the launch of a new Steam demo for tactical roguelite Netherguild, on the 10rd of March 2022. Gather your brave voxel characters and lead them to glory (or ruin!) while exploring procedural dungeons.
In Netherguild, the player commands expeditions into the subterranean realm with the goal of finding the Gaians, an ancient civilization and long lost ally, and asking them for a cure to a plague that’s ravaging the land.
The demo features:
- Turn based combat that gets more intense the further you delve.
- Oddities: Underground text based encounters provide you with choices and opportunities that affect your expedition.
- Resource Management over the course of your runs, in the form of HP, food (which provides healing when eaten around bonfires as well as buffs and debuffs), and limited use abilities.
- Random characters: 4 classes with at least 3 backgrounds each. Different backgrounds mean different skill trees, character personalities and more.
- Original fantasy world: Low fantasy with no magic, but not grimdark.
- Cute & Unique Voxel Aesthetic
After publishing the demo, the developer hopes to sneakily polish it over time according to player feedback (which you can submit via a form in the game or at the Discord!) while working on the next few floors, and adding content in preparation for Steam’s summer festival and early access in Q3-4.
Check out the demo on PC / Linux and wishlist Netherguild on Steam here!