If you are reading this is because you joined the TBL Team or you are actually considering doing so. It’s a great honor for us and we can’t wait to work together. Below, you find some information about requirements, type of content we are looking for, guidelines, payments, and how to start blogging with us.
All the writers must have good English written communication skills, a lot of passion for videogames, and the ability to meet deadlines and respect any embargoes.
Type of contents
Reviews, Interviews, previews, lists articles. (Top 10 – Best Games – Games Like etc.) These are the common content but we are always open to suggestions and new ideas.
Guidelines for Reviews
- We can only accept articles with at least 1200 words.
- As intro of the article reply to this answer “What is the game you are covering?” and add infos about platforms, release date and where you can buy the game.
- Using Headings is essential.
- At the base you must cover the story, the UI, the game mechanics, the graphics & sounds and everything else that deserve mentionings by describing them all and give your personal feelings and opinions.
- Possibly use screenshots taken from your gameplay and add a caption to them.
- Screenshots must be renamed with game title
- Resize if needed, any images used.
- Inside the REVIEW TAB (at the bottom of the page) you will find SITE RATING. In other words the score you want to give to a game from 0 to 10. Then you will find the GOOD POINT lines, add as much as you want. Same thing for the BAD POINT and finally a summary of the review.
- Do not use the column on the right of the page. (Categories – URL SLUG – TAGS – GENRE etc.)
- When the review is ready, just save it as draft. Our editor will double check it, and we will work on technical stuff like, meta tag, links and SEO.
- Do not publish the review on other websites, the article must be always exclusive.
Let’s talk about money
Tbl is a small project, self-financed, and with little income from website ads. But of course, our writers are paid with a “the more you write, the more you earn” formula. And it works as the following:
- 0 to 3 articles: 10$ per each article
- 4 to 7 articles: 20$ per each article
- 8+: 30$ each one per each article
You will be paid at the end of the month with Paypal, the only payment method available for now.
How to start & games to cover
As an entry ticket, we ask for an article about any game (turn-based of course) not covered on the blog yet or a list article. You can send it through email email@example.com or discord with a word file.
After that, you will get access to the website back-end where you can start writing directly. With login details, you will also receive access to the discord server and a dedicated writers room, there, you will find games to cover, and you can request any of them or even others of your choice.