The developers at False Prophet have just released the second major update for their tactical turn-based RPG BEAST, Now called BEAST: False Prophet. The game is currently available for PC. The update brings with it a ton of new content, features, and bugfixes. Players can now also play the game from start to finish with a completed storyline that offers around 40 hours of playtime. This update overall brings the full package that BEAST has to offer, and with a bit more polishing, the game is expected to leave Early Access and get a full release soon.
Major Update #2 – Features
- Added 5 new missions on 3 new maps
- Added 6 new enemy types and 2 new enemy classes
- Added 8 new cutscenes, including 2 new travel cutscenes
- Added 1 new camp
- Added 22 new models for existing enemy classes for an increased variety
- Added 49 achievements
- Added alternative Beast Mode transformation for the players who invest in Exercise Beast Tree
- Added Credits to the Main Menu
- Added custom concept art to loading screens before each mission
- Added a Loyalty/Treason feature that makes your companion leave the Warband if their Treason stat is maxed out before their Loyalty.
about beast: false prophet
BEAST is a brutal, gridless tactical RPG that sends players to the dark ages rife with plague and raiders. Join forces with your warband, develop your skills, and unleash your inner beast to shred through your enemies. But take heed, as your choices have consequences – in and out of battle.
- DEEP, RICH NARRATIVE
Long presumed dead, a veteran returns from a 10-year-long Ottoman slavery. His Carpathian homeland is feebly reigned by the demented prophet-king, its lands ruined by raiders and cursed with a hellish plague. Everything he loved and cherished is either gone or has changed beyond recognition. All he has left is his soldiers’ loyalty – and a holy quest to end the plague. Facing hordes of enemies as well as his inner demons, you must help him see it through no matter the cost!
- UNIQUE BEAST SYSTEM
Exercise or exorcize your inner Beast – you decide. The Insanity system pushes you to make difficult moral decisions during combat.
- INSANITY OF THE DARK AGES
Atmospheric, story-rich, grim, dark world inspired by Carpathian legends. There is only evil – greater or lesser.
- CLOSE THE GAP WITH RANGED WEAPONS
Command your squad in fast-paced, gridless, turn-based tactical battles.
- BRUTAL MELEE COMBAT
Advance and survive intense and visceral encounters.