Indie Solo Developer Alex Elkman from Psyched Studios has just announced that his passion project, Star Deck, is expected to release in Q2 2025. A demo for PC is now available. A mix of Slay the Spire, Smash Up, and Sci-Fi movies, Star Deck brings a fresh twist to the deckbuilding roguelite genre with the addition of a weapon equip mechanic. The player can equip up to 2 weapons per run, with each weapon having a unique deck of cards to play with. The fun is in discovering what each weapon combination brings you.
About Star deck
Star Deck is a love-child of Slay the Spire, Smash Up, and all your childhood Sci-Fi movies! It’s a roguelike deckbuilding sci-fi RPG, set in a galaxy controlled by The Federation, a galactic force that won the Great War, and seized control of the democratically controlled powers before it. It rules with a totalitarian fist, asking for tribute from the citizens of each planet, and offering little in return.
In the game, you’ll play as a galactic smuggler who’s brother was abducted by The Federation. With little to go on, you embark on an adventure to find and rescue him. Using a randomized roguelite gameplay strategy that keeps things different in each play through, you’ll battle your way through 4-6 different levels across the galaxy with varying biomes, ranging from the robot space-islands, to sand-swept deserts, to frozen waste-lands, all the while building up a deck comprised of 2 weapons with unique playstyles!
- 5-6 weapons to choose from, each unique weapon deck having a minimum of 30 cards.
- A plethora of non-weapon cards that you can obtain from events, card selection opportunities, and the shop.
- A variety of RPG-style battle mechanics including vulnerability, attack weakness, counter attacks/moves, shielding, healing, multi-attacks.
- Vibrant, intriguing world environments and biomes each with their own unique feel.
- Lots of unique enemies to encounter in each world.
- Randomized events that can help or hurt you.
- Artifacts: permanent bonuses that you gain throughout your adventure.