After the announcement of the game’s delayed release window, Granzella finally announces the new release date of their upcoming sci-fi tactical strategy R-Type Tactics I • II Cosmos. Currently planned to release this Fall 2024 but no exact release date has been confirmed. The game will also be releasing in all major video game platforms. Set to release on PC and console platforms (Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch).
The game will also have multiple editions available. Namely, the Limited Edition, Deluxe Edition, and Digital Versions. The Digital Version of the game will be available for PCs via Steam and Epic Games. While the Limited and Deluxe Editions will be physical copies available for Xbox, PlayStation, and Nintendo Switch platforms.
R-Type Tactics I • II Cosmos – Editions
The Limited Edition is a physical copy of the game and will be available for all major console platforms. It’ll contain:
- Physical Game Copy
- Deluxe Edition
- 2-Disc Soundtrack
- Conceptual Art Card Set (Set of 6)
- R-9A Arrowhead Acrylic Stand
- B-1D Bydo System Alpha Acrylic Stand
- Collector’s Box
The Deluxe Edition is a physical copy of the game and will be available for all major console platforms. It’ll contain:
- Physical Game Copy
- Digital Soundtrack
The digital versions of the game are standard copies which will be available for PCs via Steam and Epic.
About R-Type Tactics I • II Cosmos
As the Bydo continue to eliminate humanity, you must outsmart and outmaneuver them if the Space Corps has any hope of victory. That is, until you find yourself fighting alongside the very forces you were tasked with destroying…
R-Type Tactics I • II Cosmos combines the side-scrolling action the series is known for with tactical, turn-based strategy gameplay for a one-of-a-kind R-Type experience! This two-game collection blasts its way onto Nintendo Switch™, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC, with R-Type Tactics II also making its debut in the West for the first time! Deploy your forces across multiple campaigns, playing as both the Space Corps and the Bydo. You can also set your sights on competitive online play to see who the ultimate tactician really is. With hundreds of ships and levels to choose from between both games, along with branching missions and a third campaign (both exclusive to R-Type Tactics II), R-Type Tactics I • II Cosmos is packed with out-of-this-world content!
R-Type Tactics I • II Cosmos – Steam Store
- New Frontiers: Along with the debut of R-Type Tactics II in the West, both this title and R-Type Tactics I make their way from the PSP to modern consoles for the first time!
- Whose Side Are You On?: Multiple campaigns for each faction, as well as branching storylines in R-Type Tactics II, allow for a unique gameplay experience across both titles while fleshing out the world of R-Type and the origins of the sinister Bydo Empire.
- Destroy the Competition: Face off against other players online in both R-Type Tactics I and R-Type Tactics II!
R-Type Tactics I • II Cosmos – NIS Europe Store