The final trailer for Legends of Amberland II: The Song of Trees is available. It shows gameplay and user interface and introduces a new soundtrack from the game.
About Legends of Amberland II: The Song of Trees
Experience the nostalgia of 90s RPGs with Legends of Amberland II: The Song of Trees. This western RPG draws inspiration from vintage classics such as Might & Magic, Wizardry, Ultima, the Gold Box series, and many more. With its first-person perspective, grid-based movement, and turn-based system, this game offers a captivating open-world adventure replete with quick travel and fast-paced combat.
Join the epic quest to rid Amberland of lurking evil forces with your party of 7 adventurers. Choose between manual or pre-assembled heroes and immerse yourself in a light, fairy-tale narrative that interweaves epic heroism with a dash of humor. The game doesn’t require endless hours of grind but offers steady progress, bringing to life the golden era of RPGs in a love letter from the 90s.
- Classic first-person perspective with 90-degree rotation and grid-based movement
- Turn-based exploration and combat
- A party of seven customizable heroes
- Swift combat against weaker enemies to maintain gameplay pace
- Quick travel system to reduce tedious backtracking
- Streamlined inventory management with separate personal equipment encumbrance system and an infinite magic bag for non-equipped items
- Expansive open world for you to explore at your leisure
- Quest-based narrative, including main storyline quests and side quests
- Rich world lore that provides a sense of continuity across all games in the series
Despite being modeled after older games, Legends of Amberland II: The Song of Trees works flawlessly on modern systems, including those with high resolutions. Its low hardware requirements ensure it can run on even older machines without any issues.
While Legends of Amberland games share the same world and lore, each game offers a separate and self-contained story, making it possible to play them in any order. Mild references to events from previous titles may be encountered, but these primarily serve as flavor, ensuring an uninterrupted gaming experience regardless of the order in which you play. Legends of Amberland II is expected to be released sometimes in 2023 on PC via Steam and GOG.