Today, Atari, one of the world’s most iconic consumer brands and interactive entertainment producers, unveiled its latest original game, Days of Doom. This turn-based tactical roguelite promises to transport players to a vibrant, zany, and apocalyptic world filled with unexpected enemies and quirky characters. Slated for release later this year on Windows PC, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4/5, Xbox One, X|S, and Atari VCS, Days of Doom is set to inject fresh life into a well-loved genre.
Days of Doom plunges players into a colorful, chaotic post-apocalyptic world where zombies, raiders, and mutant lizards roam free. With a band of uniquely skilled survivors, players will navigate a treacherous wasteland to reach the sanctuary. Mastering turn-based combat is essential, with each character class offering unique abilities that can swing the tide of battle.
The game presents endless surprises and relentless challenges, thanks to its procedurally generated landscape and unpredictable enemy encounters. Every playthrough offers a fresh opportunity to hone survival skills, pushing players to their strategic limits.
Key Features of Days of Doom include beautifully animated hand-drawn art, eight unique character classes, over a dozen different enemies, more than 50 risk-reward events, and over 70 collectible items and runes. With its roguelite progression system, no two runs in Days of Doom are ever the same.
Developed by SneakyBox, Days of Doom will be available later this year on multiple platforms. Below an overview of the game via Steam and Trailer.
ABOUT THIS GAME
The apocalypse wasn’t the end of the world. Just the one we knew. Enter the Days of Doom, a post-apocalyptic tactical RPG roguelite that challenges players to reach Sanctuary, a place of promise and respite in a world of colorful chaos. Starting with a small cast of survivors, you’ll chart a path to reach your ultimate destination, encountering threats, including zombies, raiders, and even zombie raiders! Along the way you will need to recruit a ragtag band of heroes to protect your growing community and fight your way forward.
Discovering how to best utilize each hero’s unique abilities is the key to success in Days of Doom’s turn-based combat. Attack with Pyro early in the battle, as he ignites enemies for lasting damage. Then combine the Hydromancer and the Thrasher in a one-two knockout punch. Hydromancer can set the stage with a ranged water attack, and then the Thrasher can deliver a shocking surprise to wet enemies. The odds against you may seem insurmountable, but if you use your heroes’ abilities strategically, upgrade them, and add new abilities along the way, you might just make it.
No two runs are ever the same, which keeps you at the top of your game, and makes Days of Doom inherently replayable.
- Beautifully animated hand-drawn art that brings the quirky vision of the post apocalypse to life
- Eight character classes, each equipped with unique default and special abilities
- A dozen enemies from the archetypal zombie, to deadly raiders, to explosive monstrosities and two surprisingly brutal boss fights
- Over 50 randomly occurring events that present risk-reward scenarios
- Over 70 items and runes to collect to turn the odds in your favor
- Roguelite progression means no two runs will be the same, but you permanently upgrade stats like party size and speed of resource accumulation, which means each run will get you closer to reaching your goal
- Original orchestral soundtrack by Jelle Dittmar