Was one of the most anticipated JRPGs thanks to its 16-bit graphic style reminiscent of the glorious classics from the past, and now Chained Echoes by solo indie dev Matthias Linda is finally available on PC via Steam, Switch, PS4 and Xbox One. Chained echoes is received very well by the critics and below some of the most famous magazines’ scores so far:
I started playing it this morning, and below, you can find the first 30 minutes in-game and info via Steam page.
Chained Echoes is a story-driven JRPG where a group of heroes travel around the vast continent of Valandis to bring an end to the war between its three kingdoms.
In the course of their journey, they will travel through a wide array of diverse landscapes spanning from wind-tanned plateaus and exotic archipelagos to sunken cities and forgotten dungeons.
Take up your sword, channel your magic or board your Mech. Chained Echoes is a 16-bit SNES style RPG set in a fantasy world where dragons are as common as piloted mechanical suits.
Follow a group of heroes as they explore a land filled to the brim with charming characters, fantastic landscapes and vicious foes.
Can you bring peace to a continent where war has been waged for generations and betrayal lurks around every corner?
- 30 – 40 hours of play time
- Fast paced turn-based battles
- No random encounters; enemies can be seen running around
- Tons of items to be looted, stolen or crafted
- Complex skill and equipment system
- Customize your own airship
- Travel and fight by foot or in your Mech
- 16-bit SNES style graphics
- Music inspired by PSX RPGs