After a long wait, The sequel to Silver Lemur Games‘ Legend of Amberland has finally had its release date announced! Legend of Amberland II: The Song of Trees will be available for PC on December 5th, 2023. A classic western turn-based RPG, Legends of Amberland II: The Song of Trees takes inspiration from RPGs in the 90s but are made to run smoothly on modern machines. Lead a party of 7 on an epic adventure to defeat the evil that lurks in Amberland, in a game that does not require endless grinding to progress.
About Legends of Amberland II: The Song oF Trees
Legends of Amberland II: The Song of Trees is a classic western RPG inspired by the games from the 90s like Might & Magic, Wizardry, Ultima, the Gold Box series and others. Using the classic first-person perspective, over grid movement, turn-based system to travel in an open world with fast travel options and a quick combat.
You lead a party of 7 adventurers, manually assembled or pre-made, on an epic adventure to fight the evil which lurks in Amberland. It’s light, fairy tale, epic, heroic and slightly humorous. It does not take tons of hours to complete or require an endless grind to progress. Basically, it’s a love letter from the 90s, the golden era of RPGs.
- First person perspective, 90 degree rotation, over grid movement (like in the 90s).
- Turn-based (both combat and exploration).
- Party-based (7 heroes, either predefined or manually assembled upon new game).
- Fast paced combat, especially blazing fast against much weaker enemies.
- Quick travel to reduce backtracking.
- Easy inventory management with separate personal equipment encumbrance system and an infinite magic bag of carrying for items not equipped at the moment.
- Open world with a big overworld to explore.
- Quests (including both main storyline quests and side quests).
- Rich world lore (spanning between all games of the series, but no knowledge of prior games required).