British developer Valorware – best-known for 9th Dawn III: Shadow of Erthil, the latest installment in the 9th Dawn franchise – today announced that it is co-developing and publishing two new titles: the narrative-based RPG Pinku Kult: Hex Mortis (co-developed by Pinku Kult) and side-scrolling cute ’em up Flewfie’s Adventure (co-developed by Cosmic Boop).
But the good news doesn’t end here: Both titles will be featured during next week’s Steam Next Fest with free playable demos that highlight each game’s unique aesthetic and core gameplay loop. Developer streams for both games are also scheduled for 12:00pm PT / 3:00pm ET on Thursday, June 17 and Saturday, June 19 featuring Tom Au of Valorware, Hana Eaton of Pinku Kult, and Stephanie Newton of Cosmic Boop.
Bound by Ink
It all started with tattoos: Hana Eaton and Stephanie Newton met Valorware founder Tom Au back in 2012 and 2014, respectively, when they became customers at Tom’s tattoo studio. Eventually, both Hana and Stephanie fell in love with the art and science of tattoos and started working with Tom as tattooists. With a keen sense of style and a love for original characters and narratives, the trio soon began to turn all that amazing art into inclusive, endlessly engaging interactive experiences – and the rest is history!
Pinku Kult: Hex Mortis
Welcome to Razore City, a desolate and grim metropolis with one big problem: demons. Control your own Razore City denizen as you are tasked by the mysterious Shōkan Corp to investigate numerous bizarre goings-on around the city and track down the mastermind behind it all, the strange girl in the fox mask. Originally an apparel brand, Pinku Kult’s wild designs and firm grasp on the cyberpunk ethos made it a natural starting point for game development. Pinku Kult: Hex Mortis is an RPG adventure featuring unique 2D art and a completely original storyline. Adventure through the city discovering twisted locations whilst leveling up your team of misfits to eventually take on Hell itself.
- Fully original world and story: Dive into the world of Pinku Kult! Meet a cast of colorful characters and come face to face with terrifying demons and lose yourself in Razore City and the mystery of the girl in the fox mask.
- Intense boss battles: Boss battles feature several forms and variations to battle your way through, each more deadly than the last.
- Unique dungeon and level design: All the dungeons are meticulously designed around each demon which resides in them. Make your way through perilous dungeons and haunted mansions taking down vicious enemies and solving intricate puzzles.
- Customizable player character: Customize your player avatar with numerous outfits and hairstyles. You can also unlock more mysterious masks as you take down the demons haunting the city.
- Turn-based RPG system: An old-school approach to a turn-based battle system with a battle order included giving players a chance to strategize and plan out their moves.