More than two years of Early Access for the turn-based strategy game Rising Lords have passed already – a good time to celebrate the amazing community that not only gave incredible amounts of feedback, but also actively shaped the development of the game. With the freshly released Scenario Editor Update Rising Lords expands its trust in the community.
The active community has created dozens of multiplayer maps already. The new update allows players to also create fully fleshed out scenario maps with custom stories. It also gives the players the freedom to fully change the balancing of the game and to define new goals and objectives.
Working based on community feedback has always been a major pillar in the development of Rising Lords and the developers want to continue the success story. From Friday, June 24th until Friday, July 15th, a contest is happening on the official Discord of Rising Lords where interested players can win various prizes. The winner will even get the (paid!) opportunity to get to work with the developers to shape the upcoming story campaign.
Additionally, the new update also includes tons and tons of updates for the recently reworked GUI, bug fixes and various Quality-of-Life Improvements. While an official release date for the full game has not yet been announced, we can assure you that players will hear more on that very soon.
For more information, visit: https://store.steampowered.com/app/835650/Rising_Lords/
About Rising Lords
Rising Lords is a medieval turn-based strategy game with card and board game elements. Send your serfs to fight and die in your name… or let them prosper, and use them to your advantage!
Collect taxes and resources. Dictate rations and field work. Forge weapons, reshape the battlefield, raise armies, and build mighty fortified cities. Help your people become knights, or dump them on a battlefield far away, but be careful: even the most humble peasants will revolt eventually…
In addition to its campaign mode, Rising Lords features robust multiplayer functionality. Play a quick game, or settle in for an evening or more. Play mind games with your friends with Rising Lords’ special figures and spread false infos. Let them pay for their insolence in questioning your right to rule!
- Find the perfect balance – juggle production, resource gathering, diplomacy and treason, tax and rations – all vital in the success of your provinces
- Deep tactics – Use counters to troop types, morale, terrain and cards to get the upper hand even against seemingly impossible odds
- Strategic battles – besiege your enemy’s cities to starve them out, go all-out attack, or wait for them to come to you
- Up to 4-player simultaneous multiplayer – no need to wait for each individual player to take their turn
- The psychology of war – Play mind games by spreading false informations and use figures to pester your opponents
- Customisation – Tailor your leader’s look and skills, and craft your perfect cities and troops