Trese Brothers, the indie dev working on Tactical RPG Cyber Knights: Flashpoint just released a new update for their previous Turn-Based Strategy Game Star Traders: Frontiers adding new Enemy Captains, New Ship Combos and more.
Update #316 for the game includes several exciting new features. First, there are new deadly enemy captain + ship combos, which newly trained captain AI controls. These new enemies include the Dreadnought Battlecruiser and the Shizari Huntress, and they will show up in the later stages of the game.
In addition to the new enemy ships, the strategy game has also improved the Xeno ship build variations, allowing for a wider variety of Xeno ships with a better mix of weaponry and defensive components.
Players will also have access to new high-level gear, including the Edgebane Tincture and the Bexian Synthserum, which will require multiple runs into high-risk Orbital Salvage operations to turn them up. The Zendu Deathward gear has also been reduced in level from 10 to 8, making it appear more frequently in Salvage loot drops.
Finally, the game has added some new rules to extend Contact’s lifespans on worlds with high Spice or Military ratings. For example, Contacts on high Spice rating worlds will have a longer natural lifespan. In contrast, Contacts on high military worlds will have a higher chance of resisting an enemy Contact’s attempt to have them killed by assassins. The game has also increased the variety and clarity of the death reasons included in Contact’s death log, specifically if some violence or faction violence killed them.
Follow the link for all the details about the update, while below you can find an overview of the game via Steam.
ABOUT STAR TRADERS: FRONTIERS
Command your ship and crew as a space pirate, merchant, bounty hunter, and more in Star Traders: Frontiers – an epic space RPG from Trese Brothers Games. Venture forth into a massive open universe, rich with adventure and the lore of the Star Traders. Choose your path by assembling and commanding your custom crew and spaceship in a constantly evolving galaxy torn by internal strife, political intrigue, and alien threats. Will you fly as a pirate terrorizing shipping lanes, join the solar wars as a military captain, or track targets across the stars as a fearsome bounty hunter?
- Explore a rich, open universe: Discover endless procedurally-generated galactic maps, meet unique characters, and take on enemies to conquer the galaxy!
- Become an intergalactic captain: Take on the role of a spy, smuggler, explorer, pirate, merchant, bounty hunter, and more (33 jobs total)!
- Customize your own spaceship: Choose from more than 350 upgrades and 45 ship hulls to build your very own vessel to venture across the vast reaches of space.
- Assemble your wing fleet: Outfit your capital ship as a carrier and launch interdictors, bombers and shuttles into space combat against your enemy
- Assemble and tailor a loyal crew: Assign talents and equip specialized gear for every spaceship crew member.
- Experience an ever-changing narrative: Decide to make friends or foes with other factions and influence political, economic, and personal vendettas.
- Varied Difficulty Options! play with save slots to try out different builds or storylines or turn on character permadeath and enjoy classic roguelike experience
- Achievement Unlocks: accomplish story and challenge goals to unlock additional optional (but not better) content like new starting ships and new starting contacts. Or simply load the moddable version of the game to skip this entirely!
- Mold the crew by your choices: As you make decisions and set the tone for your ship, your crew will grow and change to match. Destroy enemy ships with all hands on deck and your crew will become more bloodthirsty and savage. Explore distant worlds and loot dangerous wastelands and your crew will become intrepid and clever … or scarred and half-mad.
First there was the Exodus – when survivors of a great war left the ruins of the Galactic Core behind in search of a new home in the stars. Scattered worlds were claimed on the fringe of the galaxy. Each pocket of survivors held on to an isolated set of worlds while trying to rebuild under the great law of Shalun. Three centuries later, technology has brought them back together again. Discovery of the hyperwarp has bridged what was once an unimaginable distance between far-flung colonies, long-lost families, and political factions.
With that reunification has come great economic prosperity. The hyperwarp reestablished the transportation of cargo, goods, and technologies between the quadrants – but it has also brought great strife. Political rivalries have been rekindled, blood has been shed in age-old feuds, and the fires of war have been stoked. Amidst the political infighting, a ruthless revolution is rising – and the fervent explorers of the hyperwarp have awoken something that was better left asleep.
Our very first game, Star Traders RPG, took hundreds of thousands of gamers on an interstellar adventure. Star Traders’ success and overwhelmingly positive reception helped to launch Trese Brothers Games. It was the adventures of our community’s star-crossed captains that put us on a trajectory to share more of our worlds, ideas, and dreams.
We set out to capture the loneliness, bravery, and camaraderie of people living together in a spaceship sailing across the stars. It is with great pride that after releasing four other games in the Star Traders universe, we’ve created a sequel to the original Star Traders RPG.
Step onto the bridge of your starship, take to the stars, and create your own story in Star Traders: Frontiers.