WitchSpring R took the JRPG world by storm last year. Although despite its perfect reviews, the game didn’t really reach mainstream status. But that didn’t stop game development studio KIWIWALKS from continuing to work on the game.
In an announcement earlier this day, the studio shared an upcoming update for the game and their plans going forward. The main topic of course is the showcasing of WitchSpring R’s upcoming Hard Mode and New Game+ game modes. Both modes having been a much requested feature by fans after the game’s release. Aside from the new update, the devs also shared their plans on the game’s console ports.
For a full list of notes and features, refer below:
About WitchSpring R – Hard Mode & New Game+ Update
- HARDMODE UPDATE
In the upcoming update, two new difficulty levels will be added:
– Hard/Very Hard difficulty levels
– Balancing adjustments to some player skills at difficulty levels beyond Hard.
– Some monster skills/patterns will be added or modified.
- NEW GAME PLUS (NG+) UPDATE
In the next update, the NG+ feature will be added, allowing players who have completed the game to inherit their save file and start from chapter 1.
– Skip the early tutorial and start the game from the middle of chapter 1.
– A few monsters will only appear in NG+ mode.
– New equipments will only appear in NG+ mode.
- NEW FEATURES UPDATE
In the next update, some features will be implemented.
– Story Enjoyment Feature: An option to automatically advance dialogue after voice playback ends.
– Crafting Mastery: Crafting recovery potions/combat tools three times or more will yield double the items in subsequent crafting.
- PUBLISHER CHANGE
As some of you may have noticed, we have recently ended our collaboration with the publisher and have decided to independently service the game.
Due to this change, there will be adjustments to the overall development schedule as several complex tasks need to be addressed.
- POST-ENDING CONTENT SCHEDULE CHANGE
Due to the termination of the publishing contract, all schedules involving external collaboration, such as voice recording, will be reassessed. Details will be announced once finalized.
- CONSOLE PORTING
– In addition to the previously announced Nintendo Switch port, we are preparing to port the game to other console platforms.
– A physical package (limited edition + artbook!) is also in the works.
- MOFUN COLLABORATION MERCH RESERVATION PERIOD EXTENSION
– Due to popular demand, the reservation period for collaboration products has been extended until February 12th!
– For detailed purchase information, please refer to the previous announcements.
- SEASON FANART CONTEST WINNERS ANNOUNCEMENT
– A sincere thank you to everyone who participated in the 2023 Season Fan Art Contest!
– We will announce the winners of the fan art contest and the giveaway event on January 31st, so stay tuned for the results!