Hi, guys welcome to a new episode of my KEEP AN EYE ON IT, precisely the twelfth episode. Today 5 “under construction” turn-based JRPG to put on your wishlist. You can also check my previous articles where you will find out other cool turn-based JRPG while here all the trailers from the games below. Let’s see what awaits us in the next months …and years…
A roguelite experience developed by Karaclan and destined to arrive in 2022 on PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch, as well as on PS5 and Xbox Series X / S in backward compatibility. VED will take us to the fantasy city of Micropole to put us in the shoes of Kir, an adventurer who will discover he can teleport between two worlds. The combat system will be borrowed from turn-based JRPGs and card games, while the narrative will be structured around the management of a shelter to which you have to cyclically return to unlock Kir’s magical abilities and powers.
- A non-linear story where every decision can lead to irreversible consequences and endings.
- Several game factions that have different views on the events taking place. A dynamic system of relationships will allow you to influence the decisions of the key characters.
- Innovative turn-based battle system. Use the advantage depending on your position.
- Build a shelter for yourself and your allies to unlock new skills and abilities.
- A system of unique interactive events that impose curses or blessings on the hero, which last until the end of the game.
- The game features a fully orchestrated original soundtrack that will accompany you on your adventure.
Light Fairytale Episode 2
The second episode of Light Fairytale by neko.works. A turn-based RPG set in a dying underground world ruled by an evil empire. All the core features of a JRPG are there but with a modern presentation. You can also import the saving file from the first episode to brig over the stats of your characters. For sure a game to try, but maybe is best to start from the first episode. Light Fairytale Episode 2 is a PC game expected for Q1 2021. Here the Steam Page
Shishi: Ballad of the Oracle
A colorful world and lots of turn-based fights and puzzles to solve. This is Shishi: Ballad of the Oracle by Shishi Studios. Travel with an Oracle named Elia who must develop her self-confidence to awaken the power that sleeps in her!
- A Ballad to save the world: Embark on a quest to find musical fragments of a legendary melody!
- Dynamic dungeons: Explore dungeons that change in alternate timelines!
- Unique Character Development: Determine which emotions drive you, by choosing your path in the skill tree!
- Strategic combat: Adapt your combat style according to your choices of specialization!
- Celtic atmosphere: Discover a world of Irish colors and sound!
No release date yet for Shishi but you can play the free demo on Steam.
Oaths of Light
Oaths of Light by ASM-Games is a JRPG that stays faithful to the classics of the genre. An intriguing story, side quests to complete, an open world to interact with, and an active turn-based combat system where you have 10 seconds for choosing the right action before the next ally/enemy turn begins. Oaths of Light is expected for January 2023 and actually is under a Kickstarter campaign. Here the Steam Page.
TwilightStar: Heart of Eir
DragonClaw Studios, LLC.
We end this episode with TwilightStar: Heart of Eir by DragonClaw Studios. A narrative RPG with the possibility of battling in turn-based or with a more action-based system. A beautiful open world to explore, the possibility of building your own house and complex puzzles and dungeons. Expected for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on November 2021.
- Magical Affinity Interaction System
- Active Turn-Based Combat
- Multiplayer CCG Card Game
- Complex Puzzles and Dungeons
- Mining and Weapons Upgrade System
- Mounts and Fast Travel Abilities
- Open World Exploration
- Build your own unique House and Village
- Fishing and Farming
Here the Steam page
This episode ends here, let me know what you think about these 5 Indie JRPG in the comments below. I hope you have found something interesting here. Remember to get in touch with me on Twitter and on our Discord Server. Wish you the best. See you at the next episode.