From itch.io, to Kickstarter, to Steam Early Access, developer Jaspel’s unique turn-based roguelike management game finally gets fully released on PC and on the Nintendo Switch. Published by Different Tales and IndieArk, Backpack Hero is a game that has been through many changes throughout its years in development. And on November 15th, 2023 the game fully launched into 1.0 with an all new story mode.
About Backpack Hero
Backpack Hero is a twist on your standard deck-building roguelike. Aside from the usual deckbuilding and roguelike mechanics, the game adds it’s own unique spin with inventory management. It isn’t just about what you carry, but how you organize the items within your bag! Placement has a huge impact on your items where you’ll need to find the right spot for your items to increase their power. Explore ancient dungeons, caves, swamps, and more! Meet colorful friends and fight deadly foes, just don’t get lost.
- Experiment with your strategy and create game-breaking solutions
- Collect 800+ distinct items, with ingenious powers and synergies to harness
- Battle with over 100+ enemies. Learn their attack patterns and vanquish your foes
- Dive into the endless dungeons! Start every run with randomly generated levels and discover unpredictable items, unique layouts, events, and challenges
- Explore 5 unique play styles by selecting different heroes
- Play standalone runs or experience the full adventure and meta progression in Story Mode
- Rebuild Haversack Hill and help its inhabitants
- Turn the village into an appealing and efficient hamlet to attract new residents. Buy and sell items, conduct research, and unlock heroes, challenges, and quests
- Enrich your game with mods created by the community
- Enjoy the game on PC or Steam Deck
- Play with full controller support