Step into a world on the brink of chaos and become the leader of the last army of the Order of the Gatekeepers in Veterum. With an intricate turn-based tactical strategy and an interactive environment, the fate of this world rests in your hands. Journey through an open world filled with mystery, complete quests, and discover powerful artifacts to equip your army.
Choose wisely and lead your diverse army, including humans, dwarves, elves and turans, to victory in challenging turn-based battles.
In-Game Background Story
The ancient wilds have awoken, and prophets are predicting a coming apocalypse. Blood cults openly perform sacrifices, and the world is on the brink of chaos. The Order of the Gatekeepers, once a powerful force, is now the last remaining hope to stop the impending disaster. As the leader of this army, it is your duty to gather your forces and embark on a journey across the open world. You will encounter mysteries, complete quests, and discover powerful artifacts to aid you in your quest. Your army is diverse, consisting of humans, dwarves, elves, and turans, but not all will be willing to fight by your side.
You must lead your army through challenging battles, using your tactical skills to overcome obstacles and defeat your enemies. The fate of the world rests on your shoulders. Can you stop the coming chaos?
Veterum is a turn-based tactical strategy game set in an open-world environment with a focus on a detailed combat system. Players must travel across the world to complete quests and search for rare artifacts, leading a diverse group of races, including humans, dwarves, elvers and turans. The game features a turn-based battle system that takes into account unit morale and fatigue, facing, line of sight, weather effects, and much more. Veterum environment is interactive, and almost every object on the battlefield can be interacted with.
The game has a random element to it with quests, battles, and goods being randomly generated. Players can also adjust the game to their liking by choosing the difficulty level and adjusting hit chance, HP and rewards. It also features a convenient unit and map editor, allowing players to create and share their own missions.
- Detailed combat system takes into account unit morale and fatigue, as well as facing and line of sight, level of illumination of each cell of the battlefield, weather effects and much more.
- Interactive environment: almost every object on the battlefield can be interacted with.
- Before the start of the battle, you can use one-time scrolls to make it rain, poison enemies or build a catapult.
- Open world: despite the presence of a story campaign, you decide where to send your army.
- Each playthrough is unique: quests, random battles, goods in cities and much more are all randomly generated.
- Ability to adjust the game to your liking: choose the overall difficulty level plus adjust hit chance, the amount of HP, rewards received and much more.
- Convenient unit and map editor. You can create your own missions and share them with other players.
Veterum Release date & Platforms
Veterum was announced on September 2022 via its Steam page, which means the project is in an early stage of development. No release date on the horizon, but, interested players can download a free beta demo.