The Vestal is joining the playable hero roster in the Early Access release of Darkest Dungeon II’s latest update, Suffer No Sin. The update is available on the Epic Games Store and brings the current character count to eleven. The full version of the game will be released on May 8 on Steam and the Epic Games Store, featuring a dozen playable heroes, five regions, five end bosses, and a metagame hub.
The Vestal has been updated to be more versatile, acting as a “healer-tank” and dealing damage to enemies. Darkest Dungeon II is a turn-based roguelike road trip game, with a new run-based structure, and has received regular content updates since its Early Access release in October 2021.
About Darkest Dungeon II
Darkest Dungeon II is a turn-based roguelike road trip of the damned. Form a party, equip your stagecoach, and set off across the decaying landscape on a last gasp quest to avert the apocalypse. The greatest dangers you face, however, may come from within…
- Roguelike Runs, Each With Its Own Emerging Story: Each expedition lasts from 30 minutes to several hours. Even an untimely end will arm you with resources that can be spent to improve your next journey.
- Unforgettable Heroes: Uncover and experience the tragic origin stories of each hero. Unlock their full potential via new skills, paths, items, and more.
- The Altar of Hope: Engage with a massive system of upgrades and boons that opens up new strategies for each expedition. Choose what’s important to you as you formulate your assaults on the Mountain.
- The Affinity System: As travels progress, heroes bond with each other or develop animosity, leading to desperately needed combat synergies or journey-ending dysfunction. Manage their stress and interaction to keep the team together until the bitter end.
- Nightmarish Environs: From the burning Sprawl to the diseased Foetor, the long road to the Mountain will challenge your strategies and your endurance. Explore five distinct regions, each with their own unique creatures and challenges.
For screenshots, key art, gifs and trailer, you can find the presskit here.