One of the most discussed table games of the last year, Gloomhaven, lands on PC. Or rather, Flaming Fowl Studios has announced a video game adaptation of this boardgames.
It will not be a faithful transposition of the mechanics seen in the board game, but a re-adaptation that recovers the setting and the hexagonal combat system.
Gloomhaven, after a successful Kickstarter campaign and a second campaign dedicated to the re-printing of the game that has collected almost 4 million dollars, has been firmly placed in first place in the ranking of the best board games on the Board Game Geek site.
In the game, a dungeon-crawler roguelike with turn-based mechanics, the dungeons will be procedurally generated and the characters of our party, selectable and customizable before the adventure, will die permanently (it is not clear if we have to start all over again or some loot will remain available for the following sessions ). No specific scenarios like the table counterpart, of which only the turn and hexagon combat system seems to have remained.
Furthermore, at the moment the game does not include a cooperative multiplayer mode; even if things could change from here to the first months of 2019, when Gloomhaven arrives in early access on Steam.
- Discover the digital adaptation of Isaac Childres’ ultimate strategic board game.
- Face countless enemies in the dungeons of this turn-based rogue-like game with addictive and tactical gameplay.
- A huge variety of hero classes are available so that you can create your own custom group of formidable champions!
- Each hero class may be played in various ways. Do you prefer the Cragheart to be soaking up damages on the frontline or crushing your enemies in a crater? It’s up to you to choose your specialty.
- Don’t forget to consider all of your characters’ skills to create a truly epic team!
- Also, please do not feed the development minions after midnight. Who knows what could happen?
Below you will find the Teaser Announcement Trailer and the steam page link.