Harebrained Schemes has just announced their latest update to their latest game, The Lamplighters League. A 1930s-inspired tactical action RPG released earlier this year. This new update includes a brand new agent, an events system, and some quality-of-life updates that improves the game’s performance. The update launches today on PC and Xbox and everyone who owns the game can download this newest content drop entirely for free.
The Lamplighters League Free Update Features
Introducing Isaac Greymoor
The new agent, Isaac Greymoor, is a Bruiser-type that carries a light machine gun. This allows him to quickly take out multiple targets at the mid-range. As he shoots, Isaac builds Heat, which increases damage – but watch out! If Isaac fires too much at once, he can become Overheated and take damage himself.
Once the new DLC is downloaded, Isaac will appear in a player’s Agent Recruit Pool. Players can also start a new save file to have Isaac appear as a starting agent.
Isaac isn’t coming empty-handed – he brings Events, a new way to campaign against the Banished Court. Players can engage in two kinds of Events: Fate Events and House Events.
- Fate Events appear randomly in the World Map. Players will venture beyond Del Vasto’s Landing to see what members of the League get up to when not on missions or expeditions. Fate Events provide rewards that are determined by choices made during the event and which agents the player has recruited.
- House Events are rare events that require certain materials to complete but can have an effect on the balance of power between the three houses. These events have multiple options for how to complete – including doing nothing, which can allow the House to gain more ground if players think that is the right call.
Additional DLC Features
- Added the Wet Status Effect.
- Stepping in or through Water imparts the Wet status effect.
- While Wet, Isaac loses Overheated and 1 Heat per Round, and cannot accrue Heat while Wet.
- Units with Wet are immune to Burning, but take +5 Shock damage.
- Improved captioning accuracy and dialogue volume.
- Reduced the difficulty of the early combat game on the Explorer difficulty mode.
- Improved the efficiency of save/load operations.
- Made some adjustments under the hood to save memory usage.
- Localization fixes.
- Bug fixes, including improvements to dialogue, graphic, and frequency issues.
About The Lamplighters League
The Lamplighters League is a turn-based tactical strategy game very similar to titles like XCOM but with a noir twist. Recruit a team of misfits with unique abilities and unforgettable personalities. Chase the Banished Court to the ends of the earth in a mix of real-time infiltration, turn-based tactical combat, and a character-driven story of adventure and intrigue.
- Strategy Meets Story, In Style
- Control a team of unique, dynamic characters and get to know their signature tactical abilities and roles in the team. Learn their stories and the world they inhabit by taking them on missions – every misfit brings their own style to the fight through unique moves that can turn the tide of combat.
- Explore a variety of thrilling locales and survey the battlefield before things heat up: sneak past enemies in real-time infiltration gameplay, pick off the stragglers quickly and quietly, and position your squad to get an edge for the fight.
- Use every advantage and dirty trick your agents have up their sleeves in exciting, turn-based combat. Add advanced abilities, gear, and augmentations to your agents to keep pace with the growing threat of the Banished Court!
- Race Against The Countdown To Doomsday
- Chase the Banished Court through an alternate-history world of the 1930s, from dockyards and deserts to jungles both urban and wild. Manage your choices at a global level and try to prevent your enemy from advancing their twisted schemes!
- Recruit new allies from the best of the worst: scour the globe for outlaws and outcasts and bring them onto your side before the Banished Court catches them first!
- Every mission earns your team new resources and grows their abilities – but be careful, stress and injury can take their toll!