Publisher Assemble Entertainment and developer Team ADOM today announced the launch of a massive new update for their “modern-meets-classic” roguelike dungeon crawler Ultimate ADOM – Caverns of Chaos. The “Corruption and Hunger” update comes with two challenging new mechanics, two new playable classes — the Chaos Knight and the Troll, and a host of fixes and patches. Ultimate ADOM – Caverns of Chaos is currently available in Early Access on Steam for Windows PC, Mac, and Linux.
With “Corruption and Hunger,” the dev team has implemented a wide breadth of fixes and gameplay improvements. The update also adds mechanics that introduce even more layers to an already rich experience, as well as offering a new class and a new race for players to experiment with: The Chaos Knight, who thrives by absorbing corruption, and the Troll, who comes ready to smash things, but requires a lot of food to keep those enormous muscles working. The update also adds prefixes and suffixes to the armor types, which allows for the creation of a staggering 200 million new items.
Ultimate ADOM – Caverns of Chaos is a follow-up to the genre-defining roguelike title from 25-years ago! With challenging gameplay, permadeath, randomly generated levels, and more items, crafting, and skills than you can shake a severed limb at, Caverns of Chaos is a title that rewards multiple playthroughs and players who crave that “just one more run before bed” feeling.
Key Features in the “Corruption and Hunger” Update:
- New Mechanic: Corruption — Corruption will infect and mutate your character, regardless of class, which can cause nifty mutations and provide powerful new abilities — unless you absorb too much, in which case your character will morph into a quivering lump of ChAoS
- New Mechanic: Hunger — Traversing monster-infested dungeons requires nourishment, but due to scarce food supplies, keeping your brave warriors from getting “hangry” and lashing out is a full-time gig
- New Class; The Chaos Knight — Much like the Incredible Hulk, the Chaos Knight gets power from the Corruption that infests the dungeons, acquiring new abilities, mutations, and strength — just don’t absorb too much, lest you devolve into a useless wad
- New Race: The Troll — The perfect class for players who like a ton of destructive power, the troll is ready to bash, smash, and crash its way through the deep dark. Just remember to keep a lot of tasty food on hand, as this level of physical might requires plenty of energy to march onward
- New Crafting Feature: Prefixes and Suffixes — With the latest update comes a prefix/suffix system for armor, which means a whopping 200 million potential unique items for players to experiment with, which means no build is ever the same!