Wildermyth, an indie “myth-making” tactical RPG that takes storytelling cues from Dungeons & Dragons and features combat inspired by XCOM, is now available on Steam Early Access!
Wildermyth is a character-driven, procedurally generated RPG that empowers the player to tell the story of a band of heroes and help them grow from reluctant farmers into unique, legendary fighters. Along the way, monsters will be conquered, mysteries will be unraveled, and laughs will be chuckled as players explore the beautiful papercraft-styled fantasy setting. Wildermyth’s turn-based tactical combat challenges the player to think strategically and incorporate the environment through the game’s unique “Interfusion” magic system.
Wildermyth’s features include:
- Procedurally generated stories and characters mean it’s never the same experience twice.
- Character progression means each hero will age, transform, fall in love, disagree, and make harrowing sacrifices.
- Player choices and combat skills will decide each hero’s path and ultimate fate.
- Favorite characters can return in future adventures, helping the player weave a continuous tale.
- Interfusion magic system allows players to interact with the environment and use nearby objects in battle.
- A fresh take on fantasy — no orcs, goblins, dwarves, or elves here!
- Steam Workshop support (early stages) allows players to create mods, tell their own stories and slot them into the rest of the game, or even build their own overarching campaigns.
The team at Worldwalker Games has been building Wildermyth for over 5 years, and they’re committed to consistent updates throughout the Early Access period and beyond.