A cyberpunk themed Japanese style RPG. Jack Move is set in a “VHS-era” cyberpunk city filled with high-tech and low-life.
In-Game Background Story
They whisper her name on the streets: Solares. A mysterious veteran of the Data Wars, she keeps the fight against the Corporations alive as a vigilante hacker-for-hire, empowering the downtrodden and undermining those with power.
When she receives an emergency message from her estranged father – the eccentric Dr. Abner Solares, whose wife’s death spurred him to become the leading researcher of ‘digital reanimation’ – Noa is thrust into a world of murder, kidnapping, dark research, and the corporation that would steal it for their own ends: Monomind.
What starts as a fight to save your father will become a fight for the future of mankind itself…
Jack Move features beautifully animated turn-based battles. Inspired by JRPG greats such as Final Fantasy 7-10, Grandia and Golden Sun, with a modern twist.
The single party member system allows for exciting and tactical battles. Customize the software of your Cyber Deck to switch roles mid-battle, balancing offense, defense, and buffs. Choosing which software you load during a battle is the key to victory! Hardware upgrades can help boost your stats, increase the amount of software you can install or give Noa extra abilities.
- Gorgeous “Hi-Bit” pixel art inspired by retro RPG’s and enhanced with modern techniques.
- Battle your foes in cyberspace. Take them down using a multitude of sweet hacking software.
- Explore the dangerous world of Monocity-1 and takedown Monomind, the evil mega-corporation that controls it.
- Play as Noa Solares, a sassy hacker out to save her father and the world.
- Fight your way through a bunch of dungeons filled with all sorts of cyberpunk villany. Street punks, gangsters, corporate militia, secret service agents, and horrific cyber-experiments-gone-wrong will all be battling against you!
So Romantic is a UK/Taiwan based, one-man micro-studio started by Edd Parris. Edd previously worked at Mediatonic on titles such as Heavenstrike Rivals (Square Enix) and Fantastic Beasts: Cases from the Wizarding World (Warner Bros), before striking out on his own as a freelance Unity developer. Edd handles production, design, code, and background art whilst working alongside freelancers Joe Williamson and Gary Lucken (pixel artist), Marco Palmieri (writing), Adam Hay (SFX) and Charlie Fieber (aka Fracture, music)
Release date & platforms
Jack Moves is set to be released in 2021 through Steam platform. In the meanwhile, you can try the free demo and check my gameplay walkthrough video below.