Space Cats Tactics is a tactical turn-based game with space explorations. It combines FTL + XCOM + Divinity Original Sin. Oh and the heroes are a feline race!
In-Game Background story
You are a team of mercenaries that got a job to smuggle the Curiosity, an advanced ship to the outer parts of the universe while being hunted by the corporation you stole the ship from.
Created by a solo developer, Space Cats Tactics is a tactical turn-based RPG space adventure combining inside ship crew management from games like FTL and Star Command Galaxies with grid-based fighting from games like XCOM and Divinity Original Sin.
In Space Cats Tactics every encounter has a variety of outcomes and impacts your destiny, choose wisely. You can be a righteous hero or vengeful pirate, use diplomacy, or escape gun blazing.
- Story-driven space exploration, //experience full of conversations and choices
- Tactical fights between your ship and others
- Using action points to perform attacks and abilities on the grid
- Zoom in and out of the ship on the same scene in real-time
- Manage your cat crew to adjust room combination for each tactical situation
- Buy and upgrade rooms to gain new abilities
About the developer
A solo developer working on the game for 4 years in his free time. Going to Kickstarter on the 01/06/2020. He created a one-man studio called Mitzi Games.
Official website: https://www.spacecatstactics.com/
Kickstarter page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1480122002/space-cats-tactics
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SpaceCatsTactics/
Release date & platforms
Space Cats Tactics will be released in the summer of 2021 on Steam PC. And from the 1st of June 2020, a Kickstarter campaign will be live. Below some screenshots and the gameplay trailer.