Legends of Amberland II: The Song of Trees is a classic western RPG inspired by great 90s-era games such as Might & Magic, Wizardry, Ultima, the Gold Box series. Light, fairy tale, epic, heroic, slightly humorous adventure. Planned to be released in 2023 on Pc via Steam and GOG and consoles as well, starting with a Nintendo Switch release followed by other consoles.
Below are some screens and info from its Steam and GOG pages.
Legends of Amberland II: The Song of Trees is a classic western RPG inspired by the games from the 90s like Might & Magic, Wizardry, Ultima, the Gold Box series and others. Using the classic first-person perspective, over grid movement, turn-based system to travel in an open world with fast travel options and a quick combat.
You lead a party of 7 adventurers, manually assembled or pre-made, on an epic adventure to fight the evil which lurks in Amberland. It’s light, fairy tale, epic, heroic and slightly humorous. It does not take tons of hours to complete or require an endless grind to progress. Basically, it’s a love letter from the 90s, the golden era of RPGs.
* First person perspective, 90 degree rotation, over grid movement (like in the 90s).
* Turn-based (both combat and exploration).
* Party-based (7 heroes, either predefined or manually assembled upon new game).
* Fast paced combat, especially blazing fast against much weaker enemies.
* Quick travel to reduce backtracking.
* Easy inventory management with separate personal equipment encumbrance system and an infinite magic bag of carrying for items not equipped at the moment.
* Open world with a big overworld to explore.
* Quests (including both main storyline quests and side quests).
* Rich world lore (spanning between all games of the series, but no knowledge of prior games required).
The game was designed to look and feel like one of the old games while working flawlessly on modern machines, especially on very high resolutions. It has very low hardware requirements and should run on even very old machines.
ABOUT THE RELATION TO THE PREQUEL:
The Legends of Amberland titles can be played in any order you wish. They share the same world and lore (historical events) but each has a separate and self-contained story. There might be some mild references to events in the previous titles of the series, but more like a flavor, so it does not hinder the ability to play those in any order.
* Email: email@example.com
* Homepage (studio): https://www.SilverLemurGames.com
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/SilverLemur
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SilverLemurGames
* YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/SilverLemur