SQUARE ENIX® just released a playable demo of the upcoming game, OCTOPATH TRAVELER II, on the Nintendo Switch, PS4, PS5, and PC via Steam. The OCTOPATH TRAVELER II Prologue demo allows players to play for three hours as any of the eight protagonists, and their save data will carry over to the full game when it launches on February 24, 2023.
In OCTOPATH TRAVELER II, players embark on a brand-new journey through the world of Solistia. Developed by the same team behind the popular original game, which has sold over three million copies worldwide*, this installment features improved HD-2D visuals that blend retro 2D characters with a beautiful 3D world.
With a new storyline, characters, and features, this game is the perfect entry point for newcomers to the series while still preserving the charm of the original game for veteran players. Players can experience the journeys of eight distinct protagonists as they explore the land, conquer enemies in strategic turn-based battles, and embark on their own unique adventures.
Gameplay features and elements include:
- Break & Boost Battle System – Players must strategically exploit enemy weaknesses to “Break” them for more damage, and “Boost” their travelers to enhance their abilities.
- Path Actions – Players can interact with NPCs using actions unique to each character, such as challenging people as the Warrior or stealing belongings as the Thief. Path Actions vary depending on the protagonist and the time of day.
- New Story and Characters – Players can embark on a grand adventure in the land of Solistia and experience the intertwined stories of eight new travelers: Hikari (Warrior), Agnea (Dancer), Partitio (Merchant), Osvald (Scholar), Throné (Thief), Temenos (Cleric), Ochette (Hunter), and Castti (Apothecary).
- Day/Night Cycle – Townscapes and Path Actions available to each character will change depending on the time of day, creating more opportunities for exploration and discovery.
- Latent Power – A new battle element where characters can unleash a powerful ability once their ability gauge fills up during combat.
- Crossed Paths – Additional stories will unfold between the protagonists as their journey progresses, further intertwining their narratives.
OCTOPATH TRAVELER II is available for pre-order in a Standard Digital Edition for the Nintendo Switch, PS5, PS4, and PC via STEAM, as well as a Standard Physical Edition for the Nintendo Switch, PS5, and PS4. A physical Collector’s Edition Set** is also available for pre-order for the Nintendo Switch, PS5, and PS4 exclusively through the SQUARE ENIX Store.
The physical Collector’s Edition Set includes:
- OCTOPATH TRAVELER II Standard Edition Game
- OCTOPATH TRAVELER II Travelers Bust Set: bust figurines of the eight protagonists
- OCTOPATH TRAVELER II ART ALBUM: 44-page art book
- OCTOPATH TRAVELER II – Extended Battle Tracks –: mini soundtrack CD
By pre-ordering the Digital Standard Edition, players can receive the “Travel Provisions”*** DLC pack, which contains the following consumable items**** to help them on their journey:
- Healing Grape (M) x 5
- Inspiriting Plum (M) x 5
- Revitalizing Jam x 2
- Gold Dust (can be sold for 5,000 leaves in game) x 1