Turn-based tactics the way they used to make em’. Field-test the campaign, co-op and PvP
Indie developer Code Three Fifty One invites you to join them at Dreamhack Beyond, running from July 24th to July 31st. There you’ll find their digital booth on the virtual convention showfloor, and a refreshed and refined demo for Project Haven, their upcoming urban sci-fi squad tactics game.
For the duration of the convention, players will be able to download the latest Project Haven demo from Steam and challenge three full story missions from a planned 45-stage campaign, then dive into Skirmish mode to generate fresh challenges in new procedurally generated maps. Online co-op and PvP are supported, letting you take back the streets of Earth’s last city one bullet at a time with (or against) your friends.
Already the recipient of multiple awards and a featured strategy pick at the Summer Steam Next Fest, Project Haven takes turn-based squad tactics back to its uncompromising roots. Precisely position your squad of characterful mercenaries, scout for enemy positions and keep your head down like you would in a real gunfight. Using an advanced cover system and manually targeted attacks, every bullet has the potential to ruin someone’s day.
Completely disarm your foes by shooting the guns out of their hands, leaving them scrambling for dropped gear. Master stealth and misdirection to sneak up behind your foes and bring them down with a powerful pistol-whip, or just skip subtlety and punch straight through cover with armor-piercing ammo. Customize loadouts, develop your squad through RPG style progression systems and carve out a place for the Steel Dragons mercenary crew on the mean streets of Haven City.
Due for release in 2022, the full version of Project Haven will feature a massive 45-mission story-driven campaign, plenty of uniquely voiced mercenaries to command and a colossal and deadly arsenal of weaponry to master and customize. Level up and tune your mercs as you install custom sights, grips and alternate ammo types on their weaponry.
Available tomorrow, players can also visit Project Haven’s virtual Dreamhack booth. Players can explore, interact with other virtual con-goers and find Project Haven in ‘The Very Normal Hive 2’ area of the map. Claim your virtual ticket to the event here and log in on July 24th.
The new Project Haven demo will be available through the full length of is available from July 24th on Steam. The full game launches in 2022, and players can keep up with development on the game’s official Discord channel, or via Code Three Fifty One’s development blog on Steam. Wishlist now for updates as they happen.
- Modern aesthetics married to classic squad tactics gameplay featuring action point-based movement and deep ballistic simulation
- A free-aiming system that allows you to take control of your mercs directly and manually shoot from an over-the-shoulder perspective, then pop behind cover to protect yourself from counterattacks.
- Locational damage, letting you wing your enemies with a shot to the arm to reduce accuracy, slow their movement with a hit to the legs, or boost damage with a precise headshot.
- An advanced cover system lets you adjust the stance of each merc with just two clicks. Peeking over cover or leaning round a wall exposes yourself, but provides vital lines of sight.
- Mature storytelling. Learn the harsh realities of a seething megacity full of desperation and dark secrets. Witness the gritty lives of mercs and NPCs, and experience a story-driven campaign with fully voiced and motion-captured characters and cinematics.
- RPG character progression Command a group of mercenaries, each with their own unique personality and attitude towards other characters. Improve their attributes and unlock new skills as they gain experience and level up.
- Advanced weapon mechanics. Magazine management, chambered bullets, and different types of ammo for different situations. Calibers and ammunition types affect how far and how well projectiles penetrate and damage their target.
- Skirmish, co-op & PvP. Play through the campaign mode with 1-4 players, or skirmish in randomly generated maps, fighting against friends or AI, alone or in co-op.