Tortuga – A Pirate’s Tale, the pirate strategy game published by Kalypso Media and developed in-house by Gaming Minds Studios, has launched today. Rally your crew and prepare to set sail because the brand-new title is now available digitally on PC exclusively at the Epic Games Store, and on PlayStation 4|5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S consoles. Are ye brave enough? It’s time to see if ye truly have what it takes to become the greatest pirate in the Caribbean!
It’s a wide world out there and in Tortuga – A Pirate’s Tale there is much to be explored. Set your sights on gold and glory as you weigh anchor and set sail on the beautiful Caribbean Sea. Choose from 18 unique ship types and customise distinct features to ensure your formidable fleet is feared from afar. The seas may be vast but you are never truly alone, and it won’t be long before you encounter enemies on your path to eternal glory.
Sink ships and build your stash of stolen booty as you take on trading convoys in tactical turn-based naval battles and parley with infamous pirate legends. With the sea on your side and enough gold, you should surely be able to keep your crew happy. But be warned! Even an invincible fleet might not be enough to withstand the whispers of mutiny from the decks below.
Destiny awaits me hearties! Climb aboard the ship and set sail in Tortuga – A Pirate’s Tale, out now on PC exclusively at the Epic Games Store and on PlayStation 4|5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S consoles. For the first week, prospective pirates can plunder the Caribbean with a 10% launch discount on the Epic, Microsoft and Sony (for PlayStation®Plus subscribers) stores.
- BECOME THE PIRATE OF ALL PIRATES: You are not born a great pirate, but we give you the tools to make you THE great pirate. Customise your own flag under which your fleet will sail. As you gain experience, your notoriety and skills will improve. Roleplay with more than 35 distinct pirate’s skills on your way to claim your pirate throne.
- RAID AND VOYAGE THE CARIBBEAN SEA: The Caribbean of the 17th century is dominated by the four colonial powers of the Old World. Being a pirate is not your fault, but it is your responsibility! Take action to relieve the Spanish, Dutch, French and English colonies from their burden of drowning in riches. But be wary! Unless you are sure you are the biggest fish in the sea, don’t venture out too early or too far from your trusted hometown port.
- ENGAGE IN TACTICAL NAVAL BATTLES: A ship is safe in a harbour, but that’s not what ships are made for. Fight in tactical turn-based naval battles on a hexagonal grid of epic proportions. Use your wits when raiding a convoy or a settlement. Victory is determined by a clever combination of your ship’s distinct armament with the varying and rough conditions of the sea.
- UPGRADE YOUR FLEET: It is your job to maintain and upkeep a formidable fleet before facing the cannon hail of those mighty warships lurking in the seas. Combining distinct upgrades of your ship’s basic gear, such as weaponry, hull, mast, or figurehead allows for more than 360 unique loadouts.
- MEET YOUR CREW’S NEEDS: As an elected captain of the ship, it is your responsibility to split the spoils and riches with your crew. Agreeing on so-called ‘articles of capture’ clearly define the objectives you embark on before leaving port. Remember the whispers of mutiny below the decks can lead to nasty outcome. After all, you are an elected captain and not placed by the grace of the Lord.
- PARLEY WITH INFAMOUS PIRATE LEGENDS: On your journey to become the most fearsome, most glorious pirate captain, you will have the opportunity to get to know several historic pirates. Choose your foes and companions wisely…
- COMMAND HISTORICAL SHIPS: Featuring 18 unique types of ships such as Ship of the Line, Frigate, War Galleon and many more.
- DROWN IN QUESTS: Sink more than 25 hours into stories set in the Golden Age of Piracy. The world is your oyster after all. Governors and fellow pirate companion provide you with valuable questlines where a few doubloons can be made. Also don’t forget to seek out the local tavern and eavesdrop on the latest rumours. A bottle of rum loosens the tongue, showing the way to treasures otherwise hidden…