In-Game Background story
Grim Quest follows a dark fantasy / psychological (or even Lovecraftian) horror theme. I put a lot of emphasis on atmosphere and immersion, with lots of in-game text and verbose descriptions.
Without giving out too many spoilers – you are a mercenary stationed in a city under siege. The city is under threat from the Dark – a mysterious force that manifests dark aspects of the human psyche in material form. Your goal is to reach the origin of the Dark – the Tear – a wound in the fabric of reality made by some very powerful magic gone very wrong.
Grim Quest is a classic turn-based RPG / Dungeon Crawler / Roguelike with an old-school vibe.
- Immerse in a unique dark fantasy world with its own history and lore
- Customize your character with 16 unique spells and 12 active & passive skills
- Select one of 16 character backgrounds that each affect gameplay in a different way
- Defeat enemies in classic turn-based combat using intuitive touch gestures
- Manage your character’s sanity or suffer unexpected consequences
- Manage defenses of a besieged city
- Visit 4 infinite, procedurally generated dungeons with a variety of 80+ enemy types
- Experience 50+ interactive, text-based events
- Acquire 40+ consumable items and crafting ingredients
- Complete quests and collect bounties
- Relax or add suspense with 3 difficulty levels, optional permadeath and many adjustable settings for tailoring the game to your liking
Behind GrimDevstudio there is a mobile developer trying to develop games as a hobby in his spare time.
Release date & platforms
Android & iOS (Grim Quest is developed in Flutter cross-platform SDK) Release date is TBA. The game is currently available on Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.grimdev.grimquest