Pathway is a turn-based game developed by ROBOTALITY, the indie development studio from Germany creators of Halfway in collaboration with the CHUCKLEFISH studio, developers of STARBOUND and in work on WARGROOVE.
In Pathway we are in the year 1939 and we should unmask the plans of the Nazis in search of mysterious artifact and find out more about the death of our friend Morten. Each game will be different from the other thanks to the help of procedural maps and different set of unique story encounters.
The gameplay is based on turn-based combat with a system of covers and positions on Xcom style, and exploiting the skills of the team members. The game does not have a precise release date yet but is scheduled for 2018. Below is a list of features listed by the developers and the official video trailer.
- THRILLING VISUALS – Classic 16-bit pixel art enhanced with unprecedented depth, lighting and shadows using Pixel/Voxel Hybrid Technology.
- DYNAMIC ADVENTURES – No two adventures are the same; each campaign generates a new procedural map and a different set of unique story encounters.
- TOUGH CHOICES – Every location you visit presents a new hand-crafted story event to explore. Search the well? Save the villagers? It’s up to you!
- DECISIVE CONFLICTS – Use cover and positioning in exciting turn-based squad combat. Learn to maximize your items and abilities, as well as your team members’ strengths, in ruthless and clever ways!
- HIDDEN TREASURES – Discover rare artifacts to unlock new content and adventures! Recruit from 16 unique companions, each with their own starting equipment and skill trees!