From the creators of Dead in Vinland comes a turn-based strategy that mixes the mechanics of Final Fantasy Tactics with those of Dynasty Warriors.
In-game background story
It happened. The Schools of Magic of the known world – driven by an insane power craving competition – finally pushed the big red button. We don’t really remember who did what exactly, but the effects were felt everywhere, instantly. A plain and definitive annihilation of 95% of living things in a joyful purple explosion of pure magic.
Cities were crumbling, littered with oozing corpses. The air changed too. It became saturated with a more or less compact mist, the only thing that was left from the string of explosions caused by the madness of the mages. Of course, this mist, even if displaying nice and vivid colors, caused death. And sometimes worse. They say that the curious and the fool alike who lived in mist-infested areas came out of there transformed in bloodthirsty monstruosities.
After the confusion, came the time of action. Most of the surviving beings succombed to a cosy insanity, blaming and killing each other. Others decided to fight until the very end. They naturally gathered in places where the mist was less thick and tried to keep some cities afloat.
The survivors understood quite rapidly the infernal cycle which was now their daily routine. Days were quiet and peaceful. They could take time to organize themselves, heal their wounds and search the surroundings for anything useful. But the nights… The mist thickened and from their bowels unleashes hordes of mutated monsters, craving for blood and magic.
So now they have to repel them, until dawn. Stand strong, at all costs. And above all, keep them from destroying our walls, last remnants of their glorious past. And protect those freaking mages. They say they have a plan.
The Last Spell is a fast-paced tactical RPG with a rogue-lite structure in which you lead a group of hardened warriors to desperately defend the last bastion of humankind against hordes of bloodthirsty monsters.
Set in dark fantasy, post-apocalyptic world, you’ll have to carefully manage the scarce resources at your disposal to survive long enough to cast The Last Spell, a forbidden incantation which is said to banish all magic from the earth.
- Turn based strategy in which you slay hundreds of enemies every fight. Imagine Final Fantasy Tactics meets Dynasty Warriors.
- Protect and rebuild the last Haven of earth: erect makeshift walls, lay vivious traps and forge new weapons for your heroes.
- Fast paced and arcade feel during battles.
- Glorious mix of pixel art and dark fantasy setting.
- Rogue lite! Collect Magic Essence and achieve incredible feats to unlock bonuses for your next runs.
- Classless level up system: find your own optimal builds and try to break the game!
- Procedurally generated characters, items and enemy waves make every run unique.
- And more!
CCCP is a French development studio that has been making educational and casual games since 2005.
After the end of Dead In Vinland’s development, they started to think about what was next for the team: a third episode of the “Dead In” series, or something else? They wanted to focus on the battle gameplay because it was still something they didn’t dare to go “full sails”. This is how they came up with the concept of The Last Spell, a tactical RPG with rogue-lite elements about a group of heroes trying to save the world, against all odds.
- Official website: http://lastspell.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/deadingames
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/deadingames
Release date & platforms
The Last Spell is set for 2020 without a precise release date. There will be a Pc version and later a Nintendo Switch version.