Political intrigue and shadowy organizations abound in this 2D turn-based JRPG inspired by the Trails series.
In-Game Background Story / Lore
With the advent of Runic energy revolutionizing the world’s scientific prowess and bringing technological marvels into the forefront, so too, does the nature of warfare evolve as well. Helicopters, tanks, and other advanced devices like Attunements were created as the balance of power shifted between the strongest nations in the world.
Shadowy organizations, crime lords, and corruption in political circles have arose in the wake of this technological wave. To counter these growing threats the Arbiter Squads were created. Members of these elite squads are tasked with protecting the citizenry, enforcing the laws of the land, and maintaining the honor and integrity that comes with being an Arbiter.
Enter the newly-formed Santabell City Arbiter Branch consisting of members Sharla, Indira, Kyra, and Liria. These four hand-picked women of various backgrounds and abilities must rely on one another if they are to survive the deadly machinations that lurk within Santabell City that threatens not only them, but the entire world.
2D top-down JRPG experience with a strategic dual Active-Time Combat system – Two ATB columns, one for the party and the other for enemies.
- A story rich in depth with over 40 hours of playtime
- Meaningful side-quests that furthers characterization of the party members and NPCs
- Featuring a strategic ATB turn-based combat system
- Customization of abilities with the power of Attunements
- Build up your FP and unleash powerful X-Breaks
- Adapt to the enemy’s tactics by switching rows both during and outside of battle with the Tactics system
- 5 difficulty levels to choose from
- New Game+ mode with bonus content
- No random encounters
- Go fishing in various spots in and around Santabell City
About the Developer
Solo Indie developer and one who has enjoyed turn-based RPGs since the 80s. His favorite games are from the Trails series lately (his personal favorites are Trails from Zero & Trails to Azure). He loves the classics like Final Fantasy VI/IX, Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, Lunar, and Grandia. He always wanted to create a RPG that draws inspiration from the Trails series and even the 1984 Ghostbusters movie to an extent for some of its visuals/humor. Tribulation is the reality of that blending of inspiration, and He hopes players come to enjoy it.
Twitter profile: https://twitter.com/RpgTribulation
Release date & platforms
Tentatively end of 3rd Quarter 2021 – Steam & Itch.io