Promising dark story-driven roguelike RPG inspired by tabletops, Faster Than Light and Darkest Dungeon.
The King of Shades has cursed the great city of Icenaire. Nowcast under a permanent blight of frost fall, its former residents have returned from the dead as mad Wraiths. Survivors take refuge deep underground where they lead a desperate campaign against this unearthly power. Woefully outmatched, they are forced into hiding as the King of Shades amasses an army of the undead above them. One fateful day, a mysterious stranger appears in the city with an enchanted vambrace. She may now be their only hope.
In Vambrace Cold Soul we will have to venture on the surface to face the King of Shades. Before making an expedition we will have to assemble the party, equip it properly and then leave.
The exploration and the battles remember a lot of Darkest Dungeon from which the game deliberately takes inspiration.
Between an expedition and another, we will return to the underground (our starting point) where we can wander around to accept missions, let our soldiers recover from the battles, and create new objects and armor using the materials found during our exploration.
- Embark on an epic fantasy-adventure spanning 7 intriguing chapters.
- Complete sub-quests to unlock up to 26 new, thematic character skins.
- Assemble your party from 5 races and 10 unique classes of recruits.
- Craft items and armor from precious materials gathered on your trips.
- Make crucial decisions where one wrong turn can seal your party’s fate.
- Prepare well or condemn your comrades to permanent death.
- Find codex pages to expand upon Ethera’s history and mythical lore
Release date & platforms
Vambrace: Cold Soul will be released on 29 May 2019 for Steam (Mac, PC, Linux), PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch.