Today is a rainy and cold day, ideal for staying at home in front of a PC and exploring all the games currently in development. I’m not exactly at home, but in the office and before starting work I collected some promising titles, to be released between 2020 and 2021.
Before starting I remind you to follow our youtube channel (where you will find the video version of this article) and to join our brand new discord server where we can deal with gamers and developers. Saying that, let’s start.
Fairy Tail | KOEI TECMO GAMES CO., LTD. | 30 Jul 2020
Based on the famous comic book, Fairy Tail by Koei is a JRPG with turn-based combats where we need to improve our guild by completing quests and build new facilities. Graphically inspired, Fairy Tail is expected on 30th Jul 2020 on Steam.
Popup Dungeon | Triple.B.Titles | August 2020
Popup Dungeon by Triple B Titles is a papercraft RPG with amazing customization freedom. In fact you can create your heroes and weapons and other than this the game features:
- Insane Customization: Create your favorite heroes, toss a sphere of annihilation at a politician, or turn your cat into a heavy-ordinance hairball launcher, the only limit is your imagination.
- Multiple Game Modes: The game includes fast-paced rogue-like runs, multiple story-driven campaigns, and hand-crafted challenges.
- Endless Content: Many games boast procedural content, but Popup Dungeon’s easy-to-use creation systems allow for inexhaustible handcrafted content.
- Game Creation: Tie a few nodes together to create your own games; from classic RPG adventures to personality quizzes and interactive fiction, you can do it all — no programming knowledge necessary!
- Persistent Gains: Collect charms to power up your party and delve further than before.
Shishi: Ballad of the Oracle | Shishi Studios | Summer 2020
As soon as I saw it, I was immediately struck by the graphic design of Shishi by Shishi Studios. The game is a turn-based RPG with puzzles elements that features:
- A Ballad to save the world: Embark on a quest to find musical fragments of a legendary melody!
- Dynamic dungeons: Explore dungeons that change in alternate timelines!
- Unique Character Development: Determine which emotions drive you, by choosing your path in the skill tree!
- Strategic combat: Adapt your combat style according to your choices of specialization!
- Celtic atmosphere: Discover a world of Irish colors and sound!
Shishi will make its way to Steam on Summer 2020.
Rise of Humanity | Cybernetic Walrus | Fall 2020
Rise of Humanity by Cybernetic Walrus is a turn-based deckbuilding roguelike game. Gather, upgrade, and combine cards in order to move and perform actions on hexagonal grid-based maps. Rise of Humanity is expected for Fall 2020 on Steam.
Fabled Lands | Primes Games | Early 2021
Fabled Lands by Primes Games. It is the digital transposition of the books written by Dave Morris and Jamie Thomson. What struck me immediately was the design and above all the idea of a freely explorable world and the possibility of building and improving our ship to search for more and more remote places.
Their Steam page says available in early 2021.
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV | Nihon Falcom, Engine Software BV, PH3 GmbH | 2021
The final Chapter of Trail of Cold Steel Saga by Nihon Falcom, Engine Software, and PH3. New and returning systems join the already polished combat of The Legend of Heroes series, including the ability to summon giant mechs to the field for devastating attacks. We need to wait for 2021 and no precise date yet.
Dreamshard: Deckbuilding Roguelike | Mad Robot Games | TBA
Dreamshard: Deckbuilding Roguelike by Mad Robot Games is a deckbuilding game where we will explore a procedurally generated dungeons and fights enemies with the use of our deck. Inspired by Slay the Spire and Heartstone.
- Unique gameplay that blends rogue-like deck builders with CCG.
- New procedurally generated dungeons each game
- Many monsters with unique abilities and interesting decks.
- Many cards and a chance to create combo decks.
Dreamshard is on Steam but no release date yet it’s been confirmed.
Ash of Gods: Arena | AurumDust | TBA
Ash of Gods: Arena by AurumDust is a turn-based tactics game based on Ash of Gods Redemption. The game is focused on online multiplayer battles. Fight on the arena to get a rank amongst the strongest players, team up with your friends in clans and dominate the others.
Actually no release date yet. Here the Steam link.
Tears of Avia | CooCooSqueaky Games | TBA
Tears of Avia by CooCooSqueaky Games is a turn-based tactics RPG that features 5 different classes and dozens of playable characters. During the battles, we must use the different abilities of our units in order to create powerful combos. Very curious about this one. Tears of Avia have no release date yet and you can find it on Steam.
Stirring Abyss | Sleepy Sentry, K-Project | TBA
I played an early build more than one year ago and find it very very promising and then it was the absolute silence from the developers for a long time, till now. Stirring Abyss by Sleepy Sentry is a turn-based tactical RPG with a story inspired by Lovecraft stories.
We must survive and uncover the mysteries of the deep sea. Our soldiers will become stronger or weaker or even mutate themself during the adventure, and we must also repair our Submarine, by doing so we will unlock new improvements that will help us facing the explorations.
Actually no release date yet. Here the Steam link