The funding campaign to complete the 20-year-old unpublished tactical RPG, Infinity, for Game Boy Color is live on Kickstarter.
Originally developed by Affinix Software from 1999 to 2001, and now being handled by Incube8 Games, this Kickstarter campaign will help complete Infinity and produce a physical cartridge release for the Game Boy Color.
An ancient, nameless evil stirs beneath the earth, twisting the land and its people alike with its corrupting force. Two rival nations careen toward war, as a shadowy figure arms them both with unholy weapons of immense power. A disgraced knight is called upon to overcome the centuries-old pain that divides these peoples, his own grief, and the malevolent forces fanning the flames of hate.
This epic tale frames a roleplaying game with a unique tactical battle system, a detailed world with over 50 explorable areas and more than 100 items, and beautiful 8-bit graphics — all to immerse you into the world of Infinity!
- A unique strategic battle system where positioning is as important as choosing the right attack
- The option to alternate at any time between “Wait” (Enemies don’t move when you have a turn in battle) and “Action” battle modes (Enemies move whenever they are ready, much like a chess game where no one is waiting for their turn to move), with 4 different speeds
- A rich and complex plot that goes above and beyond what you would expect from an 8-bit portable RPG
- Over 50 explorable areas
- Around 20 hours of gameplay
- 6 playable characters, each with their own specialties
- More than 100 items to aid you in your quest
- An elaborate script with more than 3,000 lines of dialogue and 20,000 words. That’s longer than Final Fantasy II, and comparable to Dragon Warrior III!
- Advanced graphical techniques that make the most of the humble Game Boy Color hardware
- Ultra-customizable text window color gradient!