The massive beta update brings a new BattleCam, crafting system and more
The JRPG Edge Of Eternity by developer Midgar Studio and publisher Dear Villagers (ScourgeBringer, The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet of Chaos) goes into beta today with a massive Steam Early Access update and a 30% discount for 8 days on Steam to welcome new players.
The full game is set to release on Steam, PS4 and Xbox.
The Beta update marks a milestone of the Early Access during which the game expanded to over 40 hours of playtime with regular updates and now lets players explore around half of the full adventure.
Beta update highlights
- New BattleCam for combat: You can switch between the current “tactical” and the new “cinematic/dynamic” camera
- New crafting system: gather recipes and materials to craft your own gear and items
- Reworked cutscenes: improved lighting, color and revamped the lip sync system
- New quests: dynamic events and spontaneous secondary quests
- Updated character designs: includes new details for the heroes and NPCs
- General polish and fixes
About Edge of Eternity
- Ambitious new JRPG adventure being developed by a small indie studio, taking influences from both Japanese & Western RPGs
- On Steam Early Access now, with the game world expanding and major new story chapters added throughout the Early Access period
- Successfully Kickstarted by fans in 2015, reaching almost 4x the campaign goal
- A grand tale of hope and sacrifice. Join young soldier Daryon and a cast of unforgettable characters as they set out ona fate-defying journey across a dying world
- Solve quests in multiple ways, make your own choices and face their consequences
- Master a deep and strategic combat system that Incorporates skills, equipment, upgrades, and even the environment in the unique nexus-grid based combat system
- Befriend and mount a fearless yet adorable beast. The Nekaroo will soon become your best friend when travelling across the vast world of Heryon!
- A stunning soundtrack including contributions from Chrono Trigger & Xenoblade Chronicles composer Yasunori Mitsuda
- Build your own world and adventures with Edge Of Eternity’s modkit and share your adventures online through a special Twitch mode!
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/eoegame
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/EoeGame/
- Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/eoegame