Tactics V: Obsidian Brigade is a retro-style tactical turn-based RPG in homage to tactical RPGs from the 90s. Its set in an in-house fantasy setting with lore and magic. Also uses techniques to convert to a 2D isometric look from 3D assets.
The land of Auria is a fantasy kingdom, where the lesser houses commonly rage war among themselves, but there’s a unifying threat.
You move the Obsidian Brigade about a world map, encountering story through battle.
- Robust combat system (with many mechanics: facing, targeting styles, actions, delayed actions, reactions)
- World map navigation.
- >80 scripted scenes/battles
- ~12-18 hours of story
- ~3 hours of optional story
- 3 ½ tiers of gear/weaponry
- 13 unique unlockable classes
- >50 skills (proficiencies, abilities, power casting unlockable)
- >140 powers (Elemental magic, close range, Archery, Imbue poisons, etc.)
- Optional cooperative main-game via assigning troops to another controller during deployment.
- Training option allowing
a non-fatalcombat to be controlled by player(s) or AI to gain XP and Skill points
- Optional Alternate top-down perspective available
- New game plus
From Nothing Game Studios is a small studio, where everyone has a day
Release date & platforms
Tactics V: “Obsidian Brigade” will be released on Q3 2019 for the Nintendo Switch, PS4, Xbox One, Steam (PC, Mac, Linux). The game soon will be in closed beta so developers can gather feedback and suggestions from the community. Remember to check the overview section to learn more about others cool turn-based games.