A highly original turn-based RPG by indie Poetic Studio where the feelings of the characters will influence the course of the story and even the combat phase.
Sacred Fire is a narrative RPG in which your humanity and emotions impact your fight for survival and inner freedom. Inspired by ancient Caledonia, the story follows a group of resistance fighters and their rise to power.
Choosing motives, ideas and feelings are as important as choosing your actions. Develop your personality and compete for influence to change the story and avert a tragic ending.
In-game background story
When slavers attack your settlement, you and a young girl, allegedly cursed, become separated from everyone else. Is she just a troubled child or does she pose a threat?
You quickly realize the slavers are not the only danger; Rome has crossed the wall in full force. Your only hope is to reach Dunadd, a seat of power, and unite the tribes.
But first, you need to warn Wid, your loyal brother and the only family you have left. Besides the memories of a father you would rather forget and those of a mother, you struggle to hold on to.
Can you survive? Can you save those close to you? Can you cling to the hope of a better world?
Beyond survival, beyond revenge, your true fight begins.
Sacred Fire’s tactical combat revolves around your character’s inner strength. It blends storytelling and tactics while testing your character’s ingenuity and integrity.
Your emotions are your weapon and your weakness. Anger adds strength to your attacks, but makes them less accurate and can leave your defense open. And just as your enemies’ fear can weaken their resolve, it can erode your strength as well.
Diplomacy can end a conflict without bloodshed. Winning the respect or instilling fear in your enemies can serve you better than littering the battlefield with corpses.
- Resist pain, fear, and anger while waiting for a decisive moment to strike.
- Intimidate or provoke enemies, and take risks, to gain an advantage.
- Use lethal or nonlethal force to succeed in all of the game’s combat scenarios.
- Get a quick overview of the story so far.
- See how your decisions have affected those close to you by reviewing the history of character relationships.
- Explore new story branches on successive playthroughs.
- Enjoy transparent writing with no misleading choices.
- Transform characters, save lives, and shape the future of your people.
- Use willpower to boost your chances to pull off a tough choice.
- Compete against other story characters for influence.
- Choices made by your group impact combat difficulty.
- Build your own influence or make powerful friends who’ll do the influencing for you.
- Create a personality, build willpower, and protect your beliefs.
- Develop a menacing or captivating presence.
- Play how you want to play by focusing on combat, empathy, healing, or crafting.
- Avoid letting envy, guilt, and fear twist your relationships.
- Deal with trauma through comfort or meditation.
- Collect, hunt, trade, or gamble to build wealth.
Poetic Studio is an independent game studio bringing together talent from all around the world to create meaningful and innovative narrative games like Sacred Fire
There’s two of them in the Poetic Studio core team:
Andrej Vojtas, lead developer.
Martin Kolesar, community & marketing manager.
- Official website: https://www.sacredfiregame.com
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/sacredfiregame
- Twitter page: https://twitter.com/PoeticStudio
- Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9-anlOnurMbPwj21qxEHUA
Release date & platforms
Successfully funded during their Kickstarter campaign, there’s no release date yet. Sacred Fire will be ported to PS4 and Xbox One. Work on the console versions will start after the PC release.