Prepare for a story-driven campaign within the Sentinel Comics universe as you join forces with an ever-growing team of heroes to face a wide variety of villains.
What seems like a typical bank heist reveals itself to be just the tip of a much more sinister plan! Create your hero, lead your team, and save the world in this exciting new turn-based strategy!
- Build your Team – select from the many available heroes and unlock more throughout
- Full story campaign – writers and creators from Sentinel Comics
- Freeform movement – Turn-Based game that allows you to move anywhere
- Squad dynamics – heroes or villains can work together for more powerful actions
- Living Environments – multiple objectives, interactions and dangers
- What kind of hero will you be? Create your Hero – choose backstory, archetype, powers, and appearance
Choose the character’s backstory, personality, power source, archetype and costume. Heroes have “stances” that provide boosts to certain stats like extra movement along with powerful sets of abilities and can be fully customized to fit your play style.
There are 5 exciting archetypes to choose from:
- Brawler – powerful melee abilities
- Defender – support on the battlefield for both melee and range
- Ranger\Caster – awesome range attacks
- Summoner – creates units to take on the enemy
- Gadgeteer – shapes combat and adds support
Creating a superhero identity is more than a costume selection! Choose how your hero uses their abilities with different weapon choices, attack styles, and special effects; some archetypes even have different types of units that you can summon. Refine your heroic identity throughout the game in the [LOCKERS] where you can change everything about how your hero looks, all the way down to your hero’s body type.
Sync and Vigilance Actions
Sync and Vigilance actions add life to the battlefield when characters perform additional actions out of sequence, triggered by special conditions. When a character performs an action, sync actions allow other characters to take part or enhance that action, like a character creating a distraction to remove the target’s Dodge defense before an attack lands. Positioning your team to take advantage of these extra actions can be critical to the success of a mission.
Vigilance allows an inactive character to react to the active character based on various triggers, such as moving through their line of sight. Each character has a “vigilance zone” around them which sets the chance of the vigilance action happening. These actions can go much further than the standard overwatch with actions like “keep cover” which allows a character in cover to try and find new cover when flanked.
Will you be able to rescue the hostages in time? Can you survive the chaos until more defensive actions are taken? Initiative can have a major impact in situations like these. In Sentinels of Freedom, initiative determines the turn order for all characters and events in a round. Actions from previous rounds can have a major impact on initiative. A Swap mechanic allows hero to shift their position in the initiative order allowing more control over which hero to activate. The first hero in the initiative order receives a speed bonus while the last hero is awarded an accuracy bonus.
Large Scale Missions
Players will embark on several missions throughout the campaign. These missions are broken up into groups of engagements – each offering unique objectives, enemy types and player choice on where to go next – keeping each feeling fresh and unique. Another benefit to these smaller engagements is that the player will not be overwhelmed by both the number of enemies and time for each turn. However, stringing all these engagements together still allows the player to feel like their heroes are very powerful as they dispatch lots of enemies throughout the mission.
Underbite Games is a game design studio focused on the creation of unique products within the digital and analog game industries. Underbite strives to produce rich visuals and deep gameplay experiences with all their games.
- Official website: http://www.underbitegames.com
- Sentinels of Freedom website: https://www.sentinelsoffreedomgame.com
- Twitter page: https://twitter.com/underbitegames
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/underbitegames
Release date & platforms
Sentinels of Freedom release date is set for February 2020 on PC, Ps4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch