Ram Pressure. A new Sci-Fi tactical turn-based game inspired by XCOM is under development by the Russian developer GDT. The game is a free to play online game where we can tackle both multiplayer and single-player missions.
In a distant galaxy, After an interstellar war between alien races, the debris formed meteorites crashing into the earth. Inside these meteorites are just aliens remains. To avoid bringing these remains into the wrong hands, the government has formed para-military organizations to monitor and secure these remains and technologies. We will take control of one of these organizations and we will have to collect information, retrieve alien technologies and unmask government plots.
Regarding the gameplay, Ram pressure presents identical mechanics to the XCOM Firaxis series. We will have our soldiers who can move and take covers behind buildings, walls, other types of objects that are completely destructible. Our soldiers will level up, and by recovering new technologies we can improve our arsenal.
Ram Pressure key features
- Experience intense tactical online multiplayer action.
- Explore a deep plot and unique storyline built on both single-player and multiplayer missions.
- Upgrade your weapons and armor from a massive selection of 100 guns and 10 weapon classes – including high-tech and alien weapons.
- Customize your characters with 12 classes and 160 skills.
- Lay waste to the environment for tactical purposes!
- Enjoy procedurally-generated maps, day and night missions, and changing weather conditions.
- Join clans and take part in a complex alliance system.
The free to play online game Ram Pressure will be released in the first quarter of 2019. In any case, there are two paid bundles to get an early access to the game and some rewards. More info at the official site. Below you will find the announcement trailer and link to the steam page. Discover other interesting turn-based strategy/RPGs with my overviews.